- Korean Agricultural Culture Collection (KACC) was established in Rural Development Administration(1995), in order to conserve microbial diversity in agricultural environment and to provide related services to professional microbial research societies.
KACC classifies and preserves diverse Korean microbial resources including bacteria, actinomycetes, yeasts, filamentous fungi and mushrooms.
KACC now maintains over 20,900 cultures of microorganisms(2015), which are available to the public through its website (http://genebank.rda.go.kr), and distributes over 2,000 cultures annually to the microbial researchers. KACC performs taxonomic and ecological researches on selected groups, especially genera Bacillus, Penicillium & Aspergillus.
KACC is assigned as an authorized organizer for maintaining microbial genetic resources by Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs in Korea, and as a domestic depository authority for patent materials by Korean Intellectual Property Office. KACC has also acquired the status as the International Depositary Authority (IDA) from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in May 2015, which was based on the Budapest Treaty on the International Recognition of the Deposit of Microorganisms for the Purposes of Patent Procedure.
- Ordering and distribution of strain
- KACC is distributing its resources to microbial societies for research purposes only. For more information, see the ORDERING INFORMATION
- Deposit of strains
The microbial resources on earth are the property of all mankind, and their maintenance and preservation are with no doubt of critical value for all of us. KACC accepts various biological materials including bacteria, actinomycetes, yeasts, filamentous fungi and mushrooms. Refer to the DEPOSIT section.
- Patent microorganisms
- KACC has been providing dependable storage of materials for patent purposes since 2002 in Korea, KACC has also acquired the status as the International Depositary Authority (IDA) from the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) in May 2015 for the Purpose of Patent Procedure. KACC assumes no liability for the correctness of the depositors information concerning patent and safe deposits.
- KACC database search
- The KACC provides strain information from this web site (http://genebank.rda.go.kr). It includes not only simple text information on individual microbe but also morphological images and DNA sequence data for the strain. The database is constantly updated and reflects up-to-date.
In addition, KACC provides information on the 'List of Plant Diseases in Korea', which describes all the pathogens and their host plants in Korea. Patent microorganism will not be searched.
Korean Agricultural Culture Collection (KACC),Dept. Agricultural Biology,National Institute of Agricultural Sciences,166,Nongsaengmyeong-ro,Iseo-myeon,Wanju_Gun,Jeollabuk-do, 55365, Rep. of KOREA
Phone : +82-63-238-3024
FAX : +82-63-238-3845
For information on the bacterial collection : firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the fungal collection : email@example.com
For information on the patent microorganism : firstname.lastname@example.org